Brocco’s neighbourhood kitchen serves breakfast, lunch, weekend afternoon teas and supper menus of fresh, seasonal, wholesome food until 10pm. We have recently won best restaurant out of town at the Exposed awards 2017, best hotel restaurant two years running for Westside awards, Michelin recommended and City Hotel of the year UK wide for the Good Hotel Guide 2017. We are now looking for a hard-working and organised commis chef, driven by a passion for fresh, seasonal produce. You should have some experience, ideally gained in a restaurant/hotel/gastropub setting, but more importantly bags of enthusiasm to learn and keen to progress your career as a chef as part of a kitchen team offering fresh, modern and healthy cooking.
• Passionate, innovative and knowledgeable
• Focused on producing outstanding food and delivering great customer service
• Good communicator with a positive attitude
• Self-motivated with the capacity to work on their own initiative as well as within a team
• Relevant food hygiene qualifications
The role is based on 45 hours, a 5 out of 7 day working week including daytime, evening and weekend work.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your career with a progressive kitchen team. We look at ways to develop you with trips to inspirational kitchens, award entries and contribution to seasonal menu development.
Salary – up to £16,000 plus tips dependant on experience.
We’re looking to recruit an experienced customer service professional to help us deliver five-star experience to our customers. A positive, can-do attitude coupled with the ability to anticipate guest needs is essential. You’ll work well in a team, stay cool under pressure and communicate expertly with customers and colleagues alike. Flexibility is needed as you’ll be working across Brocco’s hotel, restaurant and bar operations. Motivated, hardworking, with a smile on your face will really make the difference. There is scope to progress into a supervisory role for the right candidate.
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to the little things that make the difference
• Able to deliver relaxed but attentive food and drinks service to guests
• Knowledge of food, drink and wines preferred
• Accuracy in recording orders and operating tills
• Effective cash-handling skills
• Able to meet and greet as well as multitask during busy service.
• Delivering excellent customer service at all times to diners and hotel guests
• Managing a bar for hot drinks, wines, spirits, cocktails and soft drinks
• Maintaining the bar area for stock and cleanliness
• Serving customers of Brocco Kitchen and hotel residents our fresh seasonal menu
• Complying with all health and safety standards
• Maintaining the highest possible standards in the restaurant.
The role is full-time, based on a 5 out of 7 day working week including daytime, evening and weekend work.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a lovely, supportive environment with great team members . We have a ‘one team’ philosophy and share tips equally. There is real scope for development and promotion in our business.